Provident is one of Michigan’s most experienced full service property management firms. At Provident our objective is simple – Use our experience and expertise in property management to help your property reach its full potential.
The Provident Difference
Whether you own a single family home, portfolio of single family homes, or large apartment communities our experience, knowledge and service philosophy will work for you.
Our management fees are based on a percentage of actual collected rents. This means simply that we’re not successful unless you are.
- A complete property evaluation is conducted to determine current property condition. Recommendations are offered that will increase the overall value of the property and maximize rent potential. This may or may not include the recommendation of obtaining a formal appraisal.
- A market analysis will be conducted to determine current market rental rates. This ensures rental rates are set competitively to minimize vacancy loss.
- Key areas of liability will be evaluated and suggestions will be offered to minimize liability.
- The property will be integrated into our property management system which allows daily management to be efficiently tracked with ease.
- Tenants will be notified of the change in management (not ownership) and welcomed to PROVIDENT. They will be encouraged to contact us with any questions and they will be provided with an office, maintenance, and emergency maintenance phone number in their welcome package.
- Tenants not currently on a lease will be required to sign one. Current leases will be reviewed to ensure they are in compliance. Necessary changes will be made immediately otherwise will be made upon lease renewal.
- PROVIDENT employs trained leasing consultants & REALTORS® to show properties. This ensures the highest level of service while ensuring compliance of state and federal laws.
- Leasing consultants and REALTORS® are available seven days a week to prospective tenants for showings or to answer any inquiries.
- Quality leasing material is professionally designed and printed. Our goal is to maintain the integrity and image of the property.
- Standard industry materials and tools are used to qualify every prospective tenant. This includes a thorough review of a rental application, credit report, criminal background & sex offender report, previous landlord history, employment/ income verification, and requiring security deposits.
- All aspects of the marketing and advertising of your property will be handled by PROVIDENT. Our firm is partnered with professional marketing and leasing organizations that have consistently proven to maximize market exposure.
- Vacant properties will be advertised throughout our vast marketing network. This network includes our affiliation with the National and Michigan Association of REALTORS®, print advertising, strategically targeted email campaigns, location signage, ProvidentMichigan.com, and our invaluable referral network of real estate brokers, colleges, universities, churches, local businesses, relocation/housing companies, and fellow colleagues.
- Additionally, your property will be advertised on over 45 different websites. Some websites include (not limited to): ShowMeTheRent.com, Homes.com, Vast, OLX, Michigan Housing Locator, Oodle, Cazoodle, Google, Yahoo Real Estate, Condo.com, Craigslist, Rentals.com, Rental Homes Plus, Rentalads.com, Hotpads.com, RentBits, Trovit, HousingBlock, ProvidentMichigan.com, and many more.
- We handle all rent collection and day-to-day management of the property.
- A highly efficient computerized property-management software is used to maintain accurate records. In addition, regular audits are performed by our on-staff Certified Public Accountant.
- Strict but fair rental collection policies are implemented and enforced. Consistency allows us to maintain a low rate of delinquency. All of our policies comply with all local, state and federal laws regarding rent collection and handling delinquent accounts.
- An experienced Property Manager is assigned to your property and operates under normal and outside of normal hours of operation. The Property Manager will identify any breaches of the lease agreement and/or rules and regulations. Appropriate course of action for each individual case will be addressed promptly.
- The Property Manager will efficiently handle all complaints and requests submitted by tenants. All Property Managers have been trained extensively to quickly resolve and follow up on any complaints, requests, or incidents while maintaining good tenant relations.
- We maintain a register of the commencement and expiry details of all leases on our computerized management system. All lease renewals will be handled and completed by the assigned Property Manager.
- Project management includes the planning, organizing, securing and managing of resources to bring about the successful completion of a specific project. Pre-Lease Maintenance is repairs or improvements that are required to make the property available for lease.
- Project Management/ Pre-Lease Maintenance includes but is not limited to: painting, flooring replacement, demolition, construction, build-out, remodeling, etc.
- Provident is able to significantly reduce capital expenditures of minor and major projects from our long term relationships with contractors, builders, architects, and other related industry specialists.
- Provident facilitates general maintenance for all properties. General maintenance includes but is not limited to minor repair, minor electrical, minor plumbing, janitorial services, lawn-care, snow removal, miscellaneous grounds-keeping, etc.
- Provident facilitates 24-Hour Emergency Maintenance services for all properties. A list of what is considered to be an emergency is provided to all tenants and clients.
- Our Preventative Maintenance Program efficiently reduces the amount of emergency break downs and promotes longer life of HVAC systems, roofs, parking lots, and other major property assets. Our strategy is to identify small maintenance issues and appropriately address them before they become larger problems.
- Routine drive-by and site visits are conducted. These are both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Along with our screening process, at the point of tenant application we also require a move-in checklist. Tenants are required to complete this form within 7 days of move-in. This allows us to identify tenant back charge items (These items would be outside of normal wear and tear).
- Our follow-up procedures ensure that all maintenance requests and repairs are being made in a reasonable time and to our standard of quality. Meeting the needs of our tenants in a timely manner is our priority.
- All contractors working on your property will be insured, licensed, and bonded. They are required to pull all necessary permits.
- We handle all negotiations with contractors. Using our leverage and ability to provide consistent work allows us to negotiate better pricing.
- Our clients have the opportunity to review at least 3 proposals before committing to a specific contractor.
- Provident employs a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) that prepares our own financial statements as well as for our clients.
- All clients receive monthly, quarterly, and annual reports. These reports include a summary of all rent collected, maintenance services performed, expenses, vacancy rates, and occupancy rates.
- All rent collected will be deposited into a management account established for each client. Each month, all funds accumulated in the account less management fees and/or additional expenses are distributed to our clients.
- Provident is equipped to handle accounts payable. Property taxes, utility, insurance, mortgage, any other property expenses can be paid from your account. All payments disbursed will be indicated on your monthly statement. Receipts are available upon request otherwise will be remitted to you annually.
- For insurance and risk management, we maintain a video library of all properties, both inside and out.
- We maintain risk management reports on all properties. These reports identify all physical items found on the property that pose a risk of liability. Additionally, the report details problem corrections and any future recommendations. Reports are updated quarterly unless an issue is identified prior.
- We require all tenants to report all significant injuries/ incidents that take place on the property.
- We maintain a random and private key control system. This gives our tenants a higher level of security.
Provident provides its clients with a hands-on approach to property management through our highly experienced property management staff. Additionally, Provident pays close attention to detail which allows us to understand the nuances of the local market and market conditions surrounding various properties. This ensures that all of Provident’s properties are well positioned in local markets.
Core Michigan Markets (by county):
Asset Management Services:
Multi Family (2-500+)
Value Added/ Distressed Properties
Construction/ Project Management
Site Development/ Redevelopment